Being a marketer in the contemporary world, you’re well-acquainted with the importance of creating keyword-rich content. While maintaining your web presence, keywords help you to get potential traffic to your website. They improve your rankings on the search engine results pages and let your audience find you easily.
Everything mentioned here isn’t possible with just adding keywords.
Yes, you need to be highly relevant while selecting keywords to create your content. For your audience to find your content and reach out to you for your services, you must make your content discoverable.
That means you should target the RIGHT keywords to attract the intended audience to your site. Here’s where the concept of keyword research helps you.
Finding the right keywords is the primary step of SEO. You have to research what search terms your prospects are using to look for information. Creating content around these terms then allows you to rank on the SERPs.
The fast-paced evolution in digital marketing led to the invention of tools, streamlining your research. Here’s a list of keyword research tools that can help you choose hyper-relevant keywords to improve your search engine rankings.
10 Keyword Research Tools to boost your SEO
Often overlooked, Wikipedia tops the list of the best keyword research tools. It is not just a tool but a strategy to fuel your website traffic with dozens of entries being entered into it containing industry-relevant keywords.
- Enter your topic with “Wikipedia” in Google search and note down the keywords from search results. Also, look for some specific keywords to add to your search terms.
- Next thing you can do is search Wikipedia itself for your keyword research. Search for your keyword in Wikipedia and list some relevant terms to generate long-tail keywords from them.
- You can also collect keywords from the “Contents,” “See also,” and “References” sections of Wikipedia.
Ubersuggest is a revolution in the keyword research process. It is a free tool that covers all the aspects of a robust SEO strategy.
- With the Domain Overview feature, you can analyze and gain insights from your competitors’ SEO, content marketing, and social media strategy.
- Even if you’re conducting keyword research for Small Business website SEO, Ubersuggest displays high-ranking competitor pages with content that is loved by your audience.
- Using Keyword Suggestions, you can get hundreds of ideas for short-tail and long-tail keywords, knowing what is working for your competitors.
- The Content Ideas feature finds out content that has been preferred by your audience, getting most backlinks and social shares in your niches.
- What’s more, you can see the backlinked content in your space and approach the site owners to link to you.
This tool is available as an add-on on browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. Keywords Everywhere also integrates with other tools such as Ubersuggest, Keyword Shitter, and Soovle to provide you with comprehensive SEO keyword research.
- The Monthly Search Volume gives you the total search count for a particular keyword per month for the last 12 months. Your selected keyword will be then analyzed for its competition.
- Cost Per Click (CPC) reports the bid set up by the advertisers for one click on a specific keyword in Google Ads.
- The Adwords Competition feature gives insights on the competition between advertisers for the keyword in Google Ads.
It brings all the required resources for keyword research under one platform.
The name speaks for the tool’s functionality. It spies on your competitor’s websites with a two-way keyword searching. While searching for high-ranking keywords, Spyfu gives insights on your competitors’ site.
- From SERP ranks to Google Ads keywords and from organic rank to ad variation, Spyfy dives deep into your competitors’ website from the last 14 years of their online journey.
- Its keyword research tools include Google Keyword Tool Alternative, Keyword Groups and Bulk Upload, PPC Ad Test Winners and Losers, Adwords Keyword Advice for Your Campaign, Quality Backlinks for Specific Keywords, PPC and SEO SERP Analysis, and SEO Keyword Ranking History.
SimilarWeb stands for its ability to improve business decisions. Apart from being one of the effective tools for keyword research, it serves various teams like marketing, research, sales, and investors.
- It finds the best strategies for you that are working for your competitors in the market.
- While understanding your competitors and customers, it allows you to dwell into your shopper’s buying journey.
- You can find, enrich, and qualify leads to the sales funnel, generating insights and monitoring website traffic statistics.
- It also allows you to evaluate investment opportunities and spot emerging players in your market.
SEMRush holds the reputation of being the most straightforward keyword research tools to use, especially for bloggers. It not only helps you find the right keywords to maximize your website traffic but also fosters competitive research.
- It has everything to boost your SEO, Paid Traffic, Social Media, Content & PR, and Market Research efforts.
- Using SEMRush, you can evaluate your keyword list, conduct competitive research, see what keywords are ranking for your competitors, strategize to overweight the competition, and filter the results separately according to organic and paid metrics.
- It also has tools like search engine reports, traffic stats, Adsense PPC, and other related features.
The popularity of Google Keyword Planner vouches for its ability to determine various metrics like average monthly searches, cost per click, competition level, and more.
- It’s paramount in helping you to select the right keywords for your ads.
- You can find words and phrases that relate to your products and services and resonate with your brand.
- The keyword research tool reports you about the number of times a keyword is searched and trends that change over time.
- You can also manage your budget by getting bid estimates for every keyword from keyword planner.
MozBar is your “research on the go” toolbar for effective SEO keyword research. When installed on your browser, it gives an instant and comprehensive set of metrics for any webpage, including the SERP.
- The most used metrics include Custom Searches, Page Overlay, Metric that Matter, Authority Scores, Data Export, and On-Page Highlighter.
- It gives you real-time keyword difficulty score for every keyword on different SERPs.
- You can avail of content suggestions and page optimization details for any keyword on any page.
- MozBar also gives you analytical data on the root domain and subdomain links, Link Explorer Reports, and much more.
Yoast is the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress websites. From keywords to full-fledged SEO strategy, Yoast does everything for your site to rank organically on the SERPs.
- You can run a check on Yoast to verify if your keywords are used at proper places with the right density. The same goes for keyword variations.
- It allows you to reach a broader audience adding more related keywords to your list.
- Yoast SEO also provides features like page preview, readability check, control over the breadcrumbs, internal linking suggestions, content insights, focus keyword report, and redirect manager.
10.Google Search Console
What can be better than utilizing the search engine itself to rank on its results pages? Google Search Console features tools and reports to measure your website’s search traffic and its performance on the SERPs.
- You can analyze what queries are bringing traffic to your site tracking your site impressions, clicks, and Google Search position.
- Give Google an updated view of your website and get alerts on issues and fixes.
- Utilize Google Index to provide detailed crawl about your webpages to Google.
Digital Website Development is a leading SEO company in New Jersey that provides comprehensive SEO services to improve your rankings on the SERPs. From conducting keyword research to boosting your site’s performance, our SEO experts are ready to serve you.